Cheers, Creative Enthusiasts,
Happy New Year, you cool cats! I hope your year is off to an incredible and inspiring start! How is it February already? To start my year off on the right foot, I have a tradition that my first post of the year is a great big “Thank You” shout out to many who are helping make my humble, boutique creative & graphic design business a success! We have only been in business since August of 2014, and the awesome projects and excellent work that makes me come alive just keeps coming through our creative doors. And I could not be more thankful! Let’s get this year started right with these kudos to some amazing people in my life!
Without further ado and in no particular order, I would like to thank:
1) Mike Goncalves – This amazing human not only gave me the idea to create this "thank you” post annually, but we have been working together throughout the past year and beyond on many projects together! We both have a constant thirst for knowledge and pushing to excel. We have taken online courses together, done fitness challenges together (he helped me lose 10 pounds!), and now we even write blogs together! Mike is the lead author at the B Method for Conceive Hospital, and I occasionally contribute a piece there as well. We also will be working side by side to redo his branding this year for his amazing fitness mission, The Wellness Bucket. Mike, I respect and admire you and your dedication to your work more than you know, and I so value your generous and amazing friendship!
2) Scott and Chelsea Dinsmore – Words may fail me to do this justice. In 2015, the world lost a great man that I had come to call my friend as well as an amazing inspiration to me. Even with his tragic passing in September of last year, nothing can stop this man's legacy from continuing on... both via myself and so many others across the globe. Scott was and is an incredibly inspiring man who created his own revolution at Live Your Legend. He created courses and products with one mission: to help people all around the world find and do work that they love, work that makes their heart sing. Through his course and lifestyle, he has helped teach me to run my business leading with generosity and gratitude (with a good dose of fun thrown in!). I had the honor of getting to know Scott working side by side with him on many projects. I was able to meet his lovely wife Chelsea at Scott's memorial service in San Francisco, and I am so incredibly proud of her (and amazed!) at her achievements in carrying on Scott's awesome mission and honoring his memory so beautifully. Chelsea, you are a marvel and a strong woman that I admire!
3) Naz Murphie / Leah Hynes – These Terribly Awesome Twins from “down under” have helped rock my purpose, my business and my life! After having made their acquaintance in Scott's How To Connect With Anyone Course, I eventually opted to join their first ever World Changing Blueprint course which spanned literally the entirety of 2015. What an epic community these ladies have created! I had the pleasure of making their acquaintance at The World Domination Summit (WDS) in Portland, Oregon and with their support and encouragement, my achievements only keep growing in a positive direction! You ladies freaking rock, and I value your friendship and mentorship! We are also working together on their branding for their business, Rock Your Purpose Live! Yes! Stay tuned for updates!
4) WCB Team and Dorene Wharton – Naz and Leah really know how to create a hyper-engaged community, and that they have with the World Changer's Blueprint community that I am proud to be a part of. The talented, inspiring, dedicated and generous individuals in this group helped sail all of us to new heights! We cheered each other on and helped one another as we each did our part helping make the world a better place in each of our respective corners of the world. Every single one of you I am blessed to know. Thank you! We collaborated on such projects as the Heropreneur Project, Your 52 in 52, and Out of the Blue where I had the pleasure of being interviewed. I want to give a special shout out to my accountability partner, colleague and friend, Dorene Wharton, co-founder of Travel Life Experiences. I was lucky enough to be able to meet her and her talented husband Troy Young at the WDS conference in Portland in August. Your friendship, support, collaboration and insights are invaluable to me.
5) Eric Olson, Jeanne Broadwell, Steve Knickerbocker – Having the support of our families while we go forth and do our best to rock our own lives and businesses is highly important. I shudder to think where I'd be without my husband Eric, my sister Jeanne, and my brother-in-law Steve. These cool cats are not only a ton of fun, but loving, supportive, super smart, talented and I am so damn lucky that they are part of my family. Through thick and thin, these special people hug me close and cheer me on, no matter what I am reaching for or how outlandish it seems. We also got to enjoy each other's company at, you guessed it, WDS in Portland last August. What an epic adventure that I'll never forget! Let's do it again! (oh right, we are!) Love you guys to the moon and back!
6) Pauline Goulah – This seemingly fearless, amazing woman started her own graphic design business, Goulah Design Group, about 16 years ago. She worked as one of my lead designers in my creative department way back in the MacVicar Design days, and over the years, we became excellent friends and co-designers, and now are both female entrepreneurs who own our own respective businesses. She is currently part of my advisory team for Giant Leaps Creative and I highly value her insights and wisdom. We also are working alongside each other taking Brené Brown's course, the Living Brave Semester. I am loving it! I highly recommend the book, Daring Greatly and Rising Strong! Thanks for rocking the course with me, Pauline.
7) Dr. Daamini Shrivastav – I met this fantastic woman through the wonders of social networking and blogging well over two years ago now. I helped crowdfund an important project she was working on, and we became fast friends. Daamini believed in me and my writing abilities, and my passion for helping other people. And she asked me to help her father’s hospital in the UAE, Conceive by authoring the blog, Slow Swimmers & Fried Eggs that I now write with my husband about our struggles with infertility in an international effort to help others who also struggle. Thanks for believing in me across all of those miles, Daamini. I am so happy to report that we got to meet in Boston this past year so I could thank her in person! You are just a lovely and gorgeous human being!
8) Alivia Tagliaferri – I have known this fabulous woman for years through mutual friends, and always knew she is an outstanding author, writing about causes she believes in. But today, we are now enjoying collaborating our efforts for her upcoming documentary, Power Of One: Preventing Suicide in America, a cause that I stand behind as well. I am honored to assist her with my creative services for her project. She also collaborated with me by conducting an interview for my blog mentioned above. I was thrilled to help her with creating story boards for the debut of her documentary this past September in her hometown of Williamsport, PA. So impressed with her work for an important cause. You rock, lady!
9) Rich Rodgers and the GoSend Team – Rich has been an incredible friend of mine for... wow, over a decade now. An incredibly smart, diligent and ambitious man, he always has new business ideas up his sleeve with innovative ways to get them implemented. He was one of my first clients here at Giant Leaps Creative, and I have loved every single minute of working with him and his team at GoSend. I had the honor of joining Rich and the GoSend team in Las Vegas last month for the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), helping them with their graphics needs on the fly, and helping man the GoSend booth at the show. What a great learning experience and a ton of fun! I see great things happening for GoSend and I hope to help any way I can!
10) Sandy Burkhart – Working tirelessly and efficiently, my bookkeeper Sandy helps keep me line and on budget. I appreciate her diligent and efficient work, and how patient she is with me when I get behind schedule. Sandy also is never shy about singing my praises to other prospective clients and letting them know about the services I offer at Giant Leaps Creative. Sandy, I really appreciate all of the support, hard work and cheerleading over the past year! You are an amazing woman and I am so glad that you are part of my team!
Giant Leaps Creative would not be where it is today without the love, encouragement and support of these fabulous, inspiring and special people in my life. I thank you in the sincerest way that I know how. And I also thank all of you for reading this post and being here today, supporting one girl’s dream. May you have a fantastic year ahead, and I wish you many happy days!
To your creative endeavors!
Onward and upward.
Giant Leaps Creative LLC