Cheers, Creative Enthusiasts,
It is with great joy and gratitude that I am sharing this post with you this week. Here at Giant Leaps Creative, we are celebrating our first year in business! We made it! I am so proud, happy and delighted! I could not have gotten here without your support and encouragement. Entrepreneurship is not for the faint of heart. Some days, I need a little extra motivation and a pep talk from such “little giants” as the now famous sensation, Kid President. Please join me in celebrating by giving yourself a treat in watching this fabulous pep talk. He kills it! Worth watching again if you’ve already seen it. Treat yourself to the magic...
As part of my professional/personal development as an entrepreneur and effective human being, I recently attended the WDS conference in Portland, OR. I had the pleasure of getting to see Kid President himself and his uncle, Brad Montague speak before an audience of almost 3,000 with grace and humor. Here is a brief write-up of their mission:
“Brad Montague created the Kid President YouTube phenomenon with his young brother-in-law, Robby Novak. Their poplar web series, featured on Rainn Wilson’s SoulPancake YouTube channel, has been viewed and shared more than 80 million times. With a passion for helping foster creativity and compassion in young people, Brad is also the founder and director of GO! Camp, an experience for teenagers who want to change the world. He also co-founded Love In Stereo, a collective of artists striving to create work that matters. Both he and Robby live and work with their families in Tennessee.”
How bloody awesome. Great work, guys and thank you! I shared some of my biggest takeaways from their presentation in my last post, but here are some more:
– You are a Wizard: Don’t hide. You are becoming uniquely prepared to do something magical.
– Be Nice: Treat everybody like it’s their birthday. Haters gonna hate, but huggers gonna hug. Let’s have a Joyful Rebellion.
– You Matter: Everyone has someone in their life who believes in them. Celebrate them. And remember how powerful you are.
– Sharing is Good: Sharing also creates opportunities that you cannot see yet.
– Invite Everybody to the Party: Take a chance with what you have right now. Example: they successfully contacted Beyoncé with a chicken nugget video.
– Enjoy Life: There’s ALWAYS a reason to DANCE! Choose to dance!
Wow. I am humbled. It was great getting to re-visit these chicken nugget bits of wisdom. I am thrilled to share them with you here on the Giant Leaps Creative blog and website. Let’s all take a moment to take a giant leap into celebrating you! Now go Hive Five Yourself and the person next to you! Thanks for being here!
Can I help create your promotional materials for your important, world changing mission or business, or help you with your new website launch, branding, T-shirt or invitation design? I invite you to contact me so that I can offer a free consultation and price quote for any of your design needs. Have an awesome week and happy creating!
To your creative endeavors!
Onward and upward.
Giant Leaps Creative LLC